Friday, December 31, 2010

Well, the last one. The ceramic centerpiece is a gift from a friend, the lace is also a gift from my mom. I guess this particular project ( meaning the whole blog) became all about making things with what you have or find, though I didn't plan it that way in the beginning. I think I'll wait a week before I write about what I've taken away from this experience just to let things settle. Anyway, here's wishing you a happy, healthy and abundant New Year, and a special thanks to all of you out there who stopped by to take a peek at this strange endeavor, especially those of you who have taken the time to comment. It's always nice to get a holler back on your work. See you next week!
Materials: recovered lace, ceramic head, glass beads, linen thread, rayon ribbon.

3 comments:

  1. What a beautiful way to end 2010! I love the lacy delicacy of this one, like an antique snowflake. Happy New Year to you and thank you for sharing your art with us! This blog was quite an undertaking and you accomplished it, with many beautiful pieces to show for it.
    K

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much miss lady, for your support in this peculiar project and inspiring me to get after it in general. A happy, healthy, prosperous and love filled New Year from me to you as well xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a very beautiful ending....reminds me of snowy ghosts. Very peaceful. Happy 2011. Wish you would continue......but I'm sure you are on to something else.

    ReplyDelete