Sunday, February 7, 2010

Yellow is a very complex color, you think of it as being on the lighter end of the spectrum, but it's not always gentle or wishy washy, its heat can pack a lot of punch. I have a Better Homes and Gardens decorating book from the seventies, there was one room completely done in grey tweed traditionally used for menswear. I mean the walls, the ceiling, the bedspread, and the the only shots of color were shots of hot opaque yellow. A stack of books, vase or a jar here and there. I really like that effect of having two colors of the same value vibrate against each other because one is cool, the other hot.
Materials: brass findings, glass beads, acrylic and linen cords, gilded champagne cork.

2 comments:

  1. love a bit o champagne in there which is gold. Ol yeller is a loud one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...and I don't pop my cork for just anyone! Thanks for looking!

    ReplyDelete