Thursday, June 3, 2010

The wooden piece with the needle hitching is something that has been hanging around my work table for months now. I think this is my first successful disc in my wood turning adventures. Anyway, I was never sure of what to do with it until this morning until I took it on with with my first thing in the morning brain, and this makes me happy I'm still doing this project as this feels like a good solution that I wouldn't have come to unless I put in the time to make my craft more like some kind of a meditation.
Materials: scrap leather, turned cherry wood, linen cord freshwater pearl, rayon ribbon.

2 comments:

  1. I think you should have a look at one of my favorite artists; Lee Bontecou. active in the 50's and 60's and now again and underappreciated. This reminds me a bit of her work. she even has a facebook page too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've heard of her, I think she had some kind of retrospective right when I left New York, but I missed it. I'll definitely check her out, thanks!

    ReplyDelete