Tuesday, April 27, 2010

More spring flowers. I just love them so much this season, I can't let them go, so after they're no longer up to being arranged I've been drying them and saving their petals at least. They still smell so wonderful. There's a large cherry tree in bloom in my neighborhood almost completely covered in wisteria, we're talking a two or three story wall of flowers, just gorgeous and you can smell it from way down the street.
Materials: dried lilac, sycamore branch, rayon ribbon.

2 comments:

  1. mmmmmmmmm I can smell them.....I adore lilacs. In victorien times, people really wore metal and real flowers and called it "jewelry"....also metal and hair....

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a particularly victorian color combination now that you bring it up. Lots of black on account of the Queen being in mourning and all.

    ReplyDelete