Tuesday, January 19, 2010

The beads at the top are an ancient abandoned project. The drop was one of a small group on display in a dusty bead shop window. They were porcelain pendants painted with little asian scenes and motifs. They looked really magical, nestled in with the more pedestrian goods offered. I admired these for years, but only asked about them shortly before I left New York. By then only this and one other style were left from the group, and I had to buy at least six each, which I did. For some reason, I've never used them. This one is supposed to be a peacock I'm sure, although he always looked a little shrub like to me. Still a fine looking fellow.
Materials: painted porcelain drop, glass beads in rosary, sticks, acrylic cord

1 comment:

  1. I've heard of the Shrub Peacock. They thrive in the parks at night in NYC. This necklace is a fine homage to their splendor.

    ReplyDelete