Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Watched "The Great Zeigfeld" yesterday, which I will recommend to any drag queen, the costumes and the sets were just wild. I really enjoyed it and found it very inspiring design wise. One of the things that caught my eye was a simple backdrop of cellophane that covered the entire stage. There was a lot of fascination with this material in the 20's and 30's, and so it will always evoke the modern age for me. I thought a cellophane tribute would be nice, this is actually plastic, but a good stand in anyway.
Materials:plastic, acrylic cord, ribbon, glass beads.

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. cecil beaton used cellophane as a backdrop for portraits of winsome dames too. nice fairy lighting

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you! He did use cellophane, and tinfoil some 30 years before Warhol. I love Beaton, he was such a glamour hound.

    ReplyDelete