Monday, January 18, 2010

Made with scraps from my old factory job and a sycamore branch. The pink material is rhinestone chain set with glass moonstone. One of my first jobs in the costume jewelry world was working on a factory line soldering rhinestone tiaras and scepters for the beauty pageant circuit. My first time at the bench, I held the torch with some apprehension. My benchmate, a sweet latina lady of a certain age with a beehive hairdo kindly suggested that I should imagine the torch to be a certain part of my boyfriend's anatomy to get over my hesitation, and that was one of my first lessons in jewelry making.....
Materials:rhinestone chain, brass finding, glass beads, acrylic cord, sycamore branch.

3 comments:

  1. ah the old days in the garment center with colorful characters!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think they're an endangered species yet. Thanks for looking!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We take our lessons wherever they come from.

    ReplyDelete